Stan the Ad Man's shared items

Thursday, June 5, 2008

NOW, I FINALLY GET IT

by Stan C. Countz

It seems like I just don’t care
But this painted-on face
Is too much to bear
It just ain’t the same
And it just ain't fair
It ain't the same as when I was usin’
But it’s a bit more confusin’
I think I’m goin’ insane
But I just don’t care
My brain can’t stop thinkin’
I’m feelin’ no pain
And I ain’t even drinkin’
My mind is just fine
But my heart is sinkin’
I’m tellin’ the truth
So help me Abe Lincoln
But back in my youth
I had some bad thinkin’
I had a bad attitude
I was sad I was drinkin’
My eyes were blinded
I was always reminded
Of my past mistakes and blunders
And I wondered why you seemed so distant
Now I know why; don’t know how I missed it
You were the one for me
but I was too blind to see
Now it’s too late; I hate to admit it
I sealed my fate; cat got my tongue and I bit it
We were the perfect match but we never lit it
You were a catch but I just didn’t get it
Don’t know why we never did it
It’s too late now to get with it
I hate to admit it; now I finally get it

No comments: